Friday, May 17, 2013

Take It Off

A good makeup remover is essential to all beauty mavens.  After hours under layers of paint, getting it all off is very important to unclogging pores and maintaining a clear, healthy complexion.

When I wear makeup, I only trust removal to my Olay 2 in 1 Daily Facial Cloths ($5.99).  If Olay ever discontinues these bad boys we will seriously have issues. 

I have been using them probably since I was in high school and although they are not a traditional makeup remover, they are my #1 go to for removing everything – from long-wear foundation to  waterproof mascara to red lipstick – and getting a deep down clean.

I use the smooth side on my delicate eye area and the textured side on the rest of my face for a truly deep clean and thorough makeup removal.

But…at the request of my sister, Dara, here are a few true makeup removers that I have either used or heard good things about in the past:

Sephora Collection Triple Action Cleansing Water ($12, $20) – While this is not a traditional makeup remover, I was intrigued with this product on my last visit to Sephora.  I loved how it thoroughly removed an under-eye concealer I had tried on but was still quite gentle.  I plan to pick this up for touching up makeup mistakes or removing makeup up I sample.

Clinique Take the Day Off ($18) – I have used this a time or two over the years and it is effective for eyes, lashes and lipstick removal.  It's Ophthalmologist tested and appropriate for contact lens wearers.  They also have a balm and a milk for makeup removal.

Bliss Lash + Lid Wash Makeup Remover ($16) – this remover is different from most, it’s a gel instead of a liquid or oil, but just as effective on waterproof mascara.  Bliss is offering a special 2 for $25 on this remover right now!



MAC Pro Eye Makeup Remover ($20) – As you would expect, MAC features a number of makeup removers.  Their Pro Eye Makeup Remover is a classic, but still most effective formula for taking it all off.  I am considering trying their Cleanse Off Oil.

Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover ($7.99) – An affordable makeup remover that is still quite good at getting off a stubborn smoky eye.  Shake it to activate the dual phase liquid.  It also features soothing cucumber and aloe extracts.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
What are your favorite eye makeup removers?

Kiki

 

No comments:

Post a Comment