Wednesday, May 15, 2013

And so it begins...again...

Welcome to Live.Love.Beauty! This blog is just a little spot where I can indulge in discussing my love of all things beauty related - from skincare to makeup to bath and body and everything in between.

Like most little girls, I was enamored with watching my mom, aunts and big sister get dolled up.  I would stand in front of my mom's mirror and lovingly touch her bottles of perfume, powders, lipsticks, etc.

In elementary school, I would flip through the pages of Vogue, Cosmopolitan and Essence and revel in all the beauty and glamour that I couldn't yet participate in.  In high school when I was finally allowed to wear a bit of paint, I tried all the beauty fads (yes, even the Chola-esque frosted lipstick rimmed in black liner).  By college, I knew what worked for me, beauty-wise and I set out to maintaining my own beauty through diligent skincare. 

Over time, I became a self-taught student of what it takes to have good, healthy skin which I believe is the foundation for a well executed makeup look.  For me, wearing makeup and trying new beauty products is more about fun than creating a facade.

I have wanted to start a beauty blog for a while now, but something always took precedence, whether it was my husband and son, my job, grad school or simply life in general. It wasn't until I realized that when your life is so full, there is no such thing as the "right time" for anything.  So, here we are, my first post!

This blog will be a collection of thoughts, reviews and discussions mainly on beauty, but it will also feature posts on the people and things I live for (family, being a wife and mother, home and travel) and the things I love (fashion, culture, art, music and literature). Basically how I maintain my own beautiful life.

I welcome you to join me on this fabulous new journey!

Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment