Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Little Black Book by Boscia

Boscia has package the bestselling products from their black collection into a convenient travel set.  The products in their Little Black Book work together to mattify shine and minimize pores.  It is intended for all skin types.

The set includes:

·         0.5 oz Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel
·         1 oz Luminizing Black Mask
·         0.35 oz No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment
·         1.7 oz Detoxifying Black Cleanser


I have been using the Luminizing Black Mask for several months and this set provided me the opportunity to give some of the other products in the black collection a try. 

Unfortunately, I have been a little underwhelmed by the set as a whole regimen.  After a few weeks, only two of the products have wowed me – The Luminizing Black Mask and the Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel

As I said, I have been using the Luminizing Black Mask for several months and it is great at reviving a dull complexion, especially if I haven’t exfoliated in a while.  It is great for deep cleansing and unclogging pores.  It definitely absorbs all the dirt, oil and impurities that can get trapped deep in the skin.  Plus, I enjoy entertaining my son by making silly faces and distracting my husband during his serious conversations while I have it on.











It’s really easy to use.  You just slather it on, wait for it to dry and peel it off, along with dead skin, impurities and excess oil.  I usually splash my face a few times with cool water to remove any of the mask that is left behind. 





The Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel is another fave that I will probably buy in full size.  I love moisturizers that actually sink into my skin and make a difference in its overall appearance. The Black Hydration Gel does exactly that. 

  It is a cooling gel moisturizer that is ultra-lightweight.  The cooling sensation feels great on freshly cleansed skin and it is very effective for clarifying and brightening skin. 

I like to go without makeup as much as possible, especially in the summer and this moisturizer makes my skin look glowing without any subterfuge, just fresh and hydrated.  

A unique combination of artichoke leaf extract, charcoal, glycolic acid, and Vitamin C serve to improve elasticity, absorb excess oil and impurities, clarify skin and brighten skin tone.


The Detoxifying Black Cleanser is a little “meh” in my opinion.  It is nothing special from other cleansers I have used, unless I use it with my Clarisonic brush.  It is advertised as a warming gel cleanser that deeply cleanses and detoxifies the complexion.  The warming action actually happens in your hands as you lather it, not on your skin.

It is formulated to open and de-clog pores by rinsing away surface debris, impurities, and excess oil. It is also purported to refine skin texture, brighten skin clarity, and minimize the look of pores over time.

It dispenses black but lathers white.  It is a decent cleanser, but cannot compete with my other regular cleansers.





As I simply never use mattifying or pore shrinking products, I only just used the No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment for this review.  It is intended to reduce the appearance of pores and mattify oil.  It is great for those with oily complexions who need all day oil control and it can be worn under or over makeup.

It also instantly tightens pores and treats blackheads while helping both become less visible over time.
It goes on really smooth and provides a silky, matte finish. 

Overall, the only products that really enhanced my skincare regimen were the Luminizing Black Mask and the Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel.  

To try the Little Black Book ($48) for yourself, visit boscia.com.


















Boscia is one of the world's first preservative-free, botanically-based skincare lines and as such, used NO Parabens, Sulfates, Synthetic Fragrances, Synthetic Dyes, Petrochemicals, Phthalates, GMOs or Triclosan.

No comments:

Post a Comment