Thursday, September 26, 2013

Spa at Home: Ole Henriksen Micro/Mini Peel System

I love going to the spa.  I love the calming atmosphere, the soothing music, even the enchanting smells.  I just love the whole experience.  Unfortunately, going to the spa can get a bit pricey, so I am always looking for ways to bring that experience home with products that I can use over and over again for the fraction of the cost of one spa treatment.

One such product I recently discovered is the Ole Henriksen Micro/Mini Peel System.  I haven’t been to the spa or an aesthetician for a facial since 2009.  I see my dermatologist regularly and I do my own facials, without extractions, at home. 

The Ole Henriksen peel is a spa-grade, three-step, indulgent process that I can complete in the comfort of my bathroom.

It gets the skin seriously smooth, as well as enhances and renews the skin texture, even after one treatment.

I purchased the introductory peel, which included:

·         Almond polish .5 oz / 15 g
·         Lemon strip .5 oz / 15 g
·         Chamomile comfort .5 oz / 15 g
·         Two natural complexion sponges
·         Measuring spoon


After putting my little guy to bed, I closed my bathroom door (a.k.a. my beauty sanctuary), put on some music and cracked open the peel.  The three step process is a little time consuming, but it allowed me time to finish a heap of September issues along the way.

To start, I cleansed my skin with Philosophy’s Purity Made Simple face wash.  I wanted to use something gentle and soothing before applying the more potent peel.






The first step was the Almond Polish, which includes almond paste, oat kernel flour, bamboo stem powder, honey and orange peel.  This step is intended to exfoliate away debris and dullness.




Using the spoon, I scooped out a small amount, transferred it to my wet hands and using light, upward, circular motions, massaged it into my damp skin for 1-2 minutes, then rinsed it off using warm water and the cool discs that expand to full size complexion sponges when wet.


 

The next step is the Lemon Strip, which firms, softens and refines pores with a blend of lactic and glycolic acid, orange and lemon extract, algae extract, licorice and Vitamin E. 

Using the spatula, I scooped out a small amount and smoothed it all over my face, neck and under the eye (careful not to get any in my actual eye or tear ducts). 

No need to massage this step in.  I left it on for 3 minutes before proceeding to the third step.  The Lemon Strip is not rinsed off.



The last step is the soothing Chamomile Comfort.  This final step moisturizes and calms the skin with chamomile flower extract, bisabolol, borage seed oil, evening primrose oil, azulene and jojoba seed oil.

It is applied directly over the Lemon Strip and left on for 15-20 minutes, then rinsed well using warm water and the complexion sponges.

After completing the Micro/Mini Peel, I massaged on a small bit of Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil, which is AH-MAY-ZING by the way, to moisturize.

My skin felt clean, nourished and decadently pampered, all without leaving the house.  This product is definitely a great way to spa at home.


The Ole Henriksen Micro/Mini Peel retails for $95 for the full size and $45 for the introductory size and is available at olehenriksen.com.  Used once a week, the full size peel yields eight to 10 treatments.

Kiki

5 comments:

  1. Really great post if your fingernail cutting or home pedicure is long late all you have to do is to call Beauty care at home and appreciate getting special at your own convenience

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything sounds indulgent here! Everyone should really have a day for pure relaxation and pampering; be it a simple manicure and pedicure, facial, or an overall spa experience. How rich it is to feel rejuvenated, relaxed and pampered, right? And yes, you can have it even in the comforts of your home.
    Lilia @ LaFleur de Beaute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    Nice one! I like the outfit of the characters. Wish i could do the same thing too but im not that techie.i like the outfit of “from farmer to warden”.. really interestinghoboken spa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with Lillia since a break for a day or two from the cynical working life would be enough to rejuvenate both your mind and body. However since it's the holidays, you should consider going to and staying at an inn with a spa in it. It would be a great way to spend a day or two, relaxing in your room after a rejuvenating experience in the spa. Thanks for sharing!

    Thomas Barrett @ Bee And Thistle Inn

    ReplyDelete