Friday, October 25, 2013

Skincare Must Have: Eye Cream

Ladies, eye cream is a skincare must!  It doesn't matter your age.  Proper care of the skin around the eye will help keep wrinkles, puffiness and discoloration at bay.

The eye area is very delicate and thin with minimal oil glands, so hydration is at a minimum.

The eyes are also surrounded by several muscles that contract with every facial expression.  This area is one of the first places where visible signs of aging begin.  Everything from crow’s feet and dark circles to puffiness, fine lines and wrinkles are all skincare issues related to the eye area.

But it is not just aging that causes skincare issues around the eyes.  Tiredness, seasonal allergies, illness, salty foods, dehydration and poor nutrition can also cause under-eye woes.

This is why I have been using eye cream since my mid-20s and especially now that I have a kid and sleep is at a scarcity.

I always apply an eye cream before bed and in the morning, as well as before I apply under-eye concealer.  

All of my creams are fragrance fee and ophthalmologist tested.

Clinique Even Better Dark Circle Corrector is an oil-free cream intended to lighten dark, under-eye circles.  It features a cooling massage tip breaks up puffiness, as well.  Clinique says that it is clinically proven to visibly lighten dark circles by 30 percent in 12 weeks (if used as directed).

While the cream comes out a peachy color, it dries clear and provides great hydration to the eye area.  IT doesn’t matter how tired I look when I wake up, with a quick swipe of this cream and its brightening ingredients, I instantly look better rested.

Clinique Even Better Dark Circle Corrector retails for $39.50 and is available at Sephora.com and Clinique.com.

I received a generous sample of Philosophy Miracle Worker Retinoid Eye Repair Cream and I have been using it whenever I don’t use the Clinique Dark Circle.  I real love this cream, which is actually more of a gel to me.  It has several anti-aging benefits to improve wrinkles and discolorations, as well as reduce appearance of under-eye bags and dark circles and is touted to “restore and renew the delicate eye area.”
It features a high-performance retinoid—that delivers retinoid with less irritation.

Philosophy Miracle Worker Retinoid Eye Repair Cream retails for $65 and is available at Sephora.com and Philosophy.com.

I apply eye cream underneath the eye, at the corners and all over the lid with light tapping motions.  I never drag or rub it in.

My other favorite eye creams include:
































When choosing an eye cream, make sure it at least includes ingredients like hyaluronic acid, ceramides, peptides, retinols and vitamin E to plump, hydrate and brighten the eye area.

Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment