Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Scrub-A-Dub-Dub: Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Sugar Scrub


Summer months provide the perfect opportunity to shed the heavy layers of clothing we wore all winter long and reveal the bare skin beneath.  After all those months hidden beneath sweaters, winter coats and boots, the skin we bare can be quite dry, scaly, bumpy and all together lackluster.

To prepare my skin for short shorts and strappy sundresses weather, I step up my body exfoliation regimen to twice or even three times a week, quickly whisking away rough, dull skin leftover from harsh winter weather and constricting winter clothing.

I usually whip up a quick body scrub in my kitchen using brown and white sugar, Sweet Almond or Grapeseed oil and several essential oils.  When I don’t have the time or the ingredients handy, my second favorite scrub is the Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Sugar Scrub. 
Currently in the rotation are:

Vanilla Verbena (Stress Relief) – a lightly soothing scent that aids in relaxation, great after a long day

Lemon Zest (Energy) – ginseng and lemon essential oils combine for a quick pick me up in a jar
Jasmine Vanilla (Sensual) – By far my favorite because it’s so sexy…headily fragranced with the sensual jasmine flower and calming vanilla

 
 
 
 
 
I first started using the Bath and Body Works scrubs several years ago and I haven’t found a scrub that comes close to how incredibly soft my skin feels after just one use of the Aromatherapy scrubs. 
I don’t even get body exfoliation treatments at the spa anymore because I can achieve the same affect at home, in the privacy of my bathroom, for a fraction of the cost.

To use, I step into the shower (with the water off), scoop out a handful of the scrub, and using circular motions, I rub it in from neck to toes and everywhere in between  – concentrating on the typical rough spots (elbows, knees, heels, etc.).  I also spend a little extra time on my décolleté, booty and the backs of my thighs and arms.
Once everything is covered in sugar and essential oils and buffed to a shine, I turn on the shower and rinse off the excess granules of sugar.  The skin softening essential oils cling to the skin even after washing, leaving behind a subtle sheen that I enhance by smoothing on a light body oil to seal in the moisture.

Your entire body will super soft and delectably smooth after just one use.  Every scrub is infused with exfoliating sugar and a special moisturizing blend of Sunflower, Safflower, Sweet Almond and Jojoba Oils and fragranced with essential oils and other natural fragrances. 
Right now, select scrubs are half off in stores during the Bath and Body Works Semi-Annual Sale, otherwise they retail for $16 each for 13 oz.  Available at Bath and Body Works stores and at www.bathandbodyworks.com.

1 comment:

  1. By far my favorite blog...keep up the good work! I am headed to BBW on my lunch break!

    ReplyDelete