Tuesday, September 23, 2014

SheaMoisture Superfruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System

I've already discussed my love for SheaMoisture's Superfruit Complex Bath and Body Collection here. Well, my little sister and natural hair crush/guru recently tried SheaMoisture’s Superfruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System for hair.  Her review is below:

This week I decided to switch up my normal “wash day” routine by using the SheaMoisture Superfruit Complex 10 - in - 1 Renewal System.  According to the brand’s website, this system is formulated with marula oil and biotin in order to hydrate, nourish, soften, and smooth hair, as well as protect it from heat, make it more manageable and enhance shine.  


The line features the following four products:

     Hair & Scalp Serum:  “dual action serum nourishes scalp...add vibrancy to dull, lackluster hair...revitalize damaged hair…”
     Shampoo: “”helps to perfect and renew vibrancy to dull, lackluster hair.  Sulfate-free cleansing.”
     Conditioner: “Detangles while providing anti-aging benefits...softness and shine.”
     Hair Masque: “When used once weekly, counteracts signs of aging by nourishing the scalp with our Superfruit Complex and infusing hair with ultra-moisturizing Marula Oil and Biotin”

First off, I was a little thrown by the anti-aging claims made for this product line but after a little research I guess anti-aging for hair is actually a thing...who would have known?!?!

For me the Hair & Scalp Serum was THEE absolute best part of this line.  I applied it to my scalp in sections, working it down my hair and adding a little more as I got to my ends.  I then covered my hair with a plastic cap and a bonnet to let my body heat help the serum work into my hair and scalp.  After about an hour I was ready to shampoo.  When I removed the cap from my head, my hair was visibly shinier and super soft to the touch! 

As I rinsed the serum out in the shower my hair remained soft and manageable and I was even able to detangle without conditioner (but of course with a wide tooth comb and under running water).  The ease of detangling was major for me since my hair is really curly and gets super tangled.

After rinsing the serum and detangling my hair I shampooed and conditioned.  The shampoo surprisingly maintained the moisturized feel to my hair.  This was a plus being that I’m not a big fan of shampoos because they often leave my hair feeling stripped (which is frustrating when you spend hours pre-pooing).  The conditioner was just okay for me...nothing special from other conditioners I’ve used.  Some people recommend using some of the Shea Moisture conditioners as leave-ins so maybe I’ll try that with this one and see how I like it.

Finally, I used the masque along with my Huetiful hair steamer.  After coating my hair with the masque and sitting under the steamer for 20 minutes I rinsed my hair with semi-cold water.  All in all, after using all of the products in this line my twist out was VERY well moisturized and my hair was super shiny.  Even my naked curls (with no product on them) felt healthy and moisturized.  I would definitely buy the 10-in-1 Renewal System serum and hair masque from this line.

I was invited to try this line of products by SheaMoisture.  If you would like to try them for yourself, the system can be purchased exclusively at Ulta Beauty or at Sheamoisture.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment