Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Obsessed with Wet N Wild Mega Last Lip Color


Every makeup maven’s obsession for lipstick, powder and paint probably started with Wet N Wild.  It certainly was the first makeup that I ever owned... I can fondly remember this particular shade of red lipstick that every girl in my middle school and high school wore that just had to be Wet N Wild, cause it was the exact same shade that my older sister used to bring us from her job at a local store. 


Yes, before I discovered the plethora of beauty and makeup brands available to every discerning Beauty Junkie, I was stuck on Wet N Wild for all my makeup needs. The affordability of the brand was also a major selling point for a girl, like me, on a modest budget. 

Over the years, I have admittedly strayed from my teen-hood favorite, but recently I have been drawn back to the brand.  

One of my current obsessions is Wet N Wild’s Mega Last Lip Color.  I was always a gloss girl until I stumbled upon these lipsticks a few years ago, now they are my absolute favorite lip colors.  My collection of these ultra-pigmented, semi-matte, crème lipsticks seems to grow almost every time I visit the drugstore.

Colors with Flash (l to r): Cherry Bomb, Stoplight Red, Vamp it Up, Bare it All, Cherry Picking, Purty Persimmon, Sugar Plum Fairy, Mocha-licious, Ravin' Raisin
Colors without Flash (l to r): Cherry Bomb, Stoplight Red, Vamp it Up, Bare it All, Cherry Picking, Purty Persimmon, Sugar Plum Fairy, Mocha-licious, Ravin' Raisin
These lip colors are long-wearing, four hours according to the brand, and moisturizing, thanks to Hyaluronic Microspheres and ingredients like natural marine plant extracts, Coenzyme Q10 and Vitamins A & E.

The color goes on smooth with no feathering or bleeding.  I rarely ever wear lip liner and still there is no feathering or bleeding.


With over 20 colors, the selection is quite varied.  In my opinion, these lip colors make great dupes for your more expensive favorites.


Wet N Wild has made some excellent upgrades to the quality of their products, but one major thing that has not changed is its affordability, making it easy for me to indulge in this old favorite of mine.  The Mega Last Lip Colors retail for $2.99, but at my local drug and grocery stores they sell for $1.99.

Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment