Saturday, February 22, 2014

Alba Botanica's Good & Clean Skincare Collection


It is very rare for me to like an entire collection from a skincare line, especially a drugstore brand, but the Good & Clean Collection by Alba Botanica has my entire heart.  It is doing great things for my skin, things that many higher end products have been unable to do.

The entire line is 100 percent vegetarian and uses no parabens, phthalates or synthetic fragrances.  It is also a collection that is quite affordable.  None of the products are over $10.

This collection is all about exfoliation, which to me is one of the most critical parts to any skincare routine.  Good & Clean uses a Fruit Acid Detox Fusion of all-natural, Alpha Hydroxy botanicals including grapefruit, apple, lemon, grape, blackberry, sugarcane, strawberry, and sugar maple.
I love using fruit acids as they are great exfoliators and help with skin concerns such as hyperpigmentation and acne.  They also help brighten skin and provide an antioxidant boost.
Every product in the collection is aimed at releasing deep set toxins, dissolving dullness causing dead surface cells and preventing blemishes.
                         
The Daily Detox Foaming Cleanser ($8.99) is a rich lathering cream that is gentle, yet powerful.  Along with the fruit acids, the cleanser includes green tea and rice to purify pores and brighten skin.
 
I like to use this with my Clarisonic brush on a daily basis because it so gentle and refreshing.  After a long day, my skin can become very oily, so it is nice that this cleanser breaks up oil, but doesn’t leave my skin dry and tight.

There is also a Gentle Acne Wash ($8.99) that includes Salicylic Acid and Willow Bark.  I haven’t tried it, only because I am loving the Daily Detox Foaming Cleanser at the moment.
The Dual Textured Exfoliating Towelettes ($6.99) are double-sided.  The nubby side is for exfoliation and the smooth side is for cleansing.  They are less moist than my usual facial wipes, but still effective at removing makeup, dirt, oil and grime.  They are also infused with Witch Hazel, which is really good at toning the skin.  In fact, I used to use Witch Hazel as a toner when I was in high school because it was much gentler and less expensive than regular toners.

The towelettes are honestly my least favorite in the entire collection, but they are still pretty effective…the textured side can be a bit too abrasive.  But, as I am a sucker for a good cleansing towelette, I still use them when I need a thorough, but quick cleanse after working out.
 The Toxin Release Scrub ($8.99) is one of the best facial scrubs I have ever used.  Most of time, scrubs can be too harsh on my skin, so I hate to use them.  The one scrub that I really liked before finding this one was Clinique’s 7 Day Scrub, in the jar, not the tube.  But the Toxin Release Scrub is more affordable and works just as well as the 7 Day Scrub, if not better.
I am used to serious over drying after using a facial scrub, but with this scrub, there is none of that.  The texture is not abrasive at all.  After using, my face usually feels refreshed and incredibly soft, without dryness, tightness or shine.
I use it in the shower.  I like how the steam helps the product and the showerhead helps with the removal of the tiny little grains in the scrub.  I only use it once a week or even less, but when I do, my skin has a healthy, plump glow.
The Pore Purifying Mini Peel ($8.99) is, by far, my favorite product in the line.  I love peels and what they do for my skin, especially when it is looking dull, lackluster and congested.  This is the first drugstore peel that actually packs some punch!  You get the type of results that you would expect from a more expensive product.  It is good quality.
 
Not only that, it is a really quick process, completed in 1-5 minutes. I almost always leave it on a little longer than the recommended 1-5 minutes with no problem.  I caution you to do what is best for your skin.
It is designed to eliminate dull surface cells, dissolve stubborn pollutants and release embedded toxins, and that is exactly what it does.  My skin is definitely fresher, brighter and more revitalized after using. 
I like to use this peel twice a week or less.  To remove, I use a warmed wash cloth and follow up with a few splashes of cold water.  I like to use a serum or moisturizer that is soothing and calming using this peel.
If you are looking for really good, affordable exfoliation products.  I recommend giving the Good & Clean Collection form Alba Botanica a try.  It is available at mass retailers, drugstores, and grocery stores and at www.albabotania.com.
XOXO,
Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment