Friday, May 30, 2014

My Latest Fragrance Obsession: Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede Cologne


Peony & Blush Suede…even the name of this fragrance is intriguing, but after one whiff, I knew this romantic, lush scent would be the newest addition to my perfume collection. 

 Jo Malone calls the fragrance, “The essence of charm.  Peonies in voluptuous bloom, exquisitely fragile.  Flirtatious with the juicy bite of red apple and the opulence of jasmine, rose and gillyflower.  Mingling with the sensuality of soft, blush suede.  Luxurious and seductive.”

And it is indeed, “luxurious and seductive.”

The fragrance is infused with some of my favorite notes – rose and jasmine.  The top note is red apple, at the center of the fragrance is peony, and blush suede serves as the base. 


What makes this fragrance so interesting is the addition of the blush suede, which adds an earthy, sensual, almost masculine element.  When I wear it, I am reminded of my husband’s favorite suede blazer. Anytime a fragrance can conjure thoughts of him, it’s alright with me!

The scent is strong, but delicate.  It starts as a vibrant floral bouquet and settles into something subtly sexy, but comfortable and familiar at the same time.  I find the blush suede is the strongest after I have worn it for a few hours.


Jo Malone is known for unique scent pairings and this fragrance is no different.  I loved it so much that I bought the candle in the same scent.  It is so perfect for a cozy evening in bed with the hubby and so fragrant that even when we don’t burn it, it wafts through the room.

The fragrance is romantic enough to serve as a wedding fragrance to brides-to-be, as well.


Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede ($60 for 30 ML, $115 for 100ML) is available at jomalone.com, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus and other fine retailers.  The candle ($65 for 200 G) is also available at the same retailers.

K




No comments:

Post a Comment